Relay for Life of DeKalb County
Name: Relay for Life of DeKalb County
Date: May 20, 2017
Time: 9:00 AM - 11:55 PM EDT
- Opening Ceremony: We'll kick off the event by celebrating everyone who's been affected by cancer. Whether someone's been diagnosed for 10 days or been cancer-free for 10 years, they gather together for the crowd to cheer them on.
- Survivor's Lap: Survivors define courage and inspire those facing a cancer diagnosis. Their strength is honored with each step they take around the first lap. If you know anyone who's overcome cancer, invite them to join.
- Caregiver's Lap: Caring for others is such a selfless act, which is why we honor caregivers with a lap. They often walk with the person they've supported.
- Luminaria Ceremony: Each Luminaria bag represents a loved one lost to cancer, brings support to those affected by it, and honors survivors. This powerful moment gives people the opportunity to grieve but also offers hope and comfort.
- Closing Ceremony: We celebrate all that we've accomplished together and remember those we've lost. Together, we commit to take action and help end the pain and suffering of cancer.